California Penal Code Section 245(a)(1) is California’s addresses the crime of assault with a deadly weapon. THe cime of assualt with a deadly weapon is committed when there is an assault upon the person of another using a deadly weapon or by means of force where great bodily injury to another is foreseeable.
Examples of Assault With A Deadly Weapon
- Pointing a firearm at another person in a threatening manner
- Chasing after another person with an axe
- Swinging a baseball bat at someone’s head
- Trying to cut someone with a long, sharp piece of glass
- Intentionally running somone over with your car